September 19, 2008

Museum: the Macleays, their collections and the search for order


During our journey-around-the-world we visited the Australian Museum in Sydney. A lot of activites for both kids and grown ups. For exampel they had a really god lab which any one could spend days in just for research. I´ll probably sounds like a nerd, but who cares. How ever, I found this amazing book about the Macleays Museum collections. Museum by Robyn Stacey and Ashley Hay. I could not buy the book then, it was to heavy to carry or send by post. So the kindly wrote down all about it on this note.

So... thanks again for the internet, cause now this book soon will come to me in a big package. I´m so looking forward to it!


Photograph by Robyn Stacey.

You can read more about the book and the exhibition (2007) at the homepage of the University of Sydney, were the museum is located. Or in the National Museum of Australia's own Journal.